Guideline Recommendations to Support Informed COPD Management
- Goal 4: Increase and sustain research to better understand the prevention, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, and management of COPD.
- Facilitate dissemination of data and analyses. Report the prevalence of COPD in accordance with the requirements of public health and health care organizations
- Help expand, coordinate, and optimize COPD research efforts
- Improve methods for earliest detection and diagnosis and develop effective strategies for preventing the onset and progression of COPD
- Define and characterize the pathogenesis of COPD heterogeneity
Activity DescriptionAs a Respiratory Therapists, you are a key member of your patients’ COPD team. This brochure summarizes GOLD and ATS guidelines to aid in the management of patients with COPD. Real-world examples are used to highlight key considerations as to why following these evidence-based guidelines is highly recommended.
Cost and Funding SourcesFunding = $7,500
Expense: < $2,500