Kentucky COPD Advisory Board
Organization: Kentucky Department for Public Health
Start Date: 10/2016
End Date: Ongoing
Primary Goal: Goal 5: Translate national policy, educational, and program recommendations into research and public health care actions.
- Goal 2: Improve the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and management of COPD by improving the quality of care delivered across the health care continuum.
- Goal 3: Collect, analyze, report, and disseminate COPD-related public health data that drive change and track progress.
- Improve access to care for people with COPD, particularly for those in hard-to reach areas
- Facilitate dissemination of data and analyses. Report the prevalence of COPD in accordance with the requirements of public health and health care organizations
- Strengthen the public health infrastructure for addressing COPD
Collaboration: ALA, COPD Foundation, University of Kentucky, Southern KY AHEC, Kentuckiana Health Collaborative, Medicaid, BRFSS, KY Primary Care Association, Kentucky Society for Respiratory Care, KY Hospital Association
Activity Type: Policy/advocacy
Activity DescriptionIn late 2016 the Department for Public Health collaborated with state partners to create a Kentucky COPD Advisory Board. The board meets quarterly to address COPD issues in the state.
General Audience: Patients, Caregivers or family members, At-risk populations, General public, Health professionals, Policymakers/advocates
Focused Audience: n/a
Program Reach: State: Kentucky
Type of Area: Urban, Suburban, Rural
Cost and Funding SourcesFunding comes from the Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant from CDC,
Impact AnalysisCurrently working to develop a state strategic/action plan.
Advice or Lessons LearnedBe sure to include COPD patients/caregivers in the process!
Kentucky Department for Public Health